- We are not here by accident. Jesus loves us, and He wants us to have a personal relationship with Him. We were created and placed here for a purpose –
- To be a praise for God on earth;
- To be fruitful and subdue the earth
- Sin separates us from God; sin. God says that every person that has ever lived is a sinner, and sin separates us from God – Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God
- Jesus LOVES us more than we can ever imagine! – Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
- God says that you cannot make yourself right with God by being a better person. God wants to save you JUST BECAUSE HE LOVES YOU! He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy. It is God’s grace that allows us to come to Him – not our efforts to work our way to Heaven. It is a free gift – Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- In order to come to God, our sins must be paid for. God’s gift to us is His son, Jesus, who paid the debt – Romans 6:23. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Jesus paid the price for our sins by giving His life on Calvary’s cross. God brought Jesus back from the dead and paved the way for us to have a personal relationship with Him through this same Jesus. All that we have to do is to accept the gift that Jesus is has made available to us right now – Romans 10:9-10
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
- God says that if we believe in His son, Jesus, we can live with Him forever, in glory
John 3:16. For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life
John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
- Are you ready to accept the gift of eternal life that Jesus is offering you right now? If you sincerely desire to ask Jesus to come into your heart as your personal Lord and Savior, then talk to God from your heart.
- Accept His gift of salvation which He already purchased at Calvary when He died and rose again from the dead, paving the way for each and every one that will come to Him. He does not cast any one out – John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and I do not deserve eternal life. I believe You died and rose from the grave to purchase a place in Heaven for me. Jesus, come into my life, please forgive my sins and save me.
I place my trust in You alone for my salvation and accept Your free gift of eternal life.
If you have trusted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, I sincerely rejoice with you on what God has done in your life.
Dr. Margaret J Makinde